A great cookie recipe that reminds of spring! Perfect with a warm cup of tea.
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
2 tbsp of dry lavender flowers
1 sprig of rosemary
juice of a lemon
1 cup confectioners sugar
- In a mortar and pestle grind half of the sugar, the 1 tbsp of the lavender flowers and a tsp of rosemary leaves.
- In a bowl cream together the butter and the rest of the sugar.
- Add the sugar with the herbs with the help of a sifter to hold back the large chunks.
- Add the vanilla extract and the lemon zest and blend.
- Add the flour and bring the dough together.
- Add the juice of one lemon and blend again.
- Let the dough in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins.
- The meantime, make the icing by mixing the juice of the other lemon and the powder sugar.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
- Decorate with the icing and some more lavender flowers.
- You can make them in all sorts of shapes, but I prefer the round cookies because you are not getting any burned edges.
- You can use this as a base recipe and add all kinds of herbs and flavorings, like thyme and sage.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 137 kcal
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: cookies, icing, herb cookie, rosemary lemon cookies